The EUREF TWG was created at the EUREF symposium in Berne, 1992.
The TWG meets twice to three times a year to manage current activities. One of these activities is the validation of GPS campaigns under the established guidelines, for approval by the plenary.
You can find the minutes of the meetings published together with the symposia proceedings.
Chair: Dr. CARINE BRUYNINX
Royal Observatory of Belgium
Fax +32 – 2 – 3 74 98 22
Tel. +32 – 2 – 3 73 02 11
E-mail: [email protected]
The EUREF TWG (Technical Working Group) was created at the EUREF symposium in Berne, 1992.
TWG is responsible, in general, for the control of EUREF activities and policy, and has the following specific tasks:
- to coordinate and develop the EPN (EUREF Permanent Network);
- to evaluate and classify results of GNSS campaigns presented to the TWG for acceptance as EUREF densification or extension;
- to organize and coordinate European-wide geodetic observation campaigns for the improvement of the European reference frame;
- to coordinate the actions for the realization of a European Height System and the integration of the geo-spatial and vertical components of the European Reference Frame;
- to identify the relevant actions for the continuation and development of EUREF, with respect to innovation and the changing user needs;
- to set up the working groups to run the projects defined by the plenary;
- to prepare the recommendations for the EUREF plenary.
What do we do
The TWG meets at least twice a year, preferably three times a year.
The TWG is constituted by members elected by the plenary, ex-officio members and members in charge of specific tasks.
The TWG Chair, elected among and by its members, coordinates the TWG. The term is 4 years, in a maximum of 2 terms.
The number of members elected by the plenary is defined by the TWG Chair and must be in agreement with the tasks committed to the TWG. The recommended term is 4 years.
The ex-officio members are the EUREF Chair and Secretary.
Members in charge of a specific task, in a limited number, also compose the TWG. The TWG Chair appoints these members. The term is established according to the tasks committed.
The TWG Chair may invite persons to attend the meetings, to assist in the discussion of specific subjects or to present relevant items to EUREF. These persons have no voting rights.
The WG (Working Group) are established within the TWG and approved in a Plenary’s resolution. The TWG Chair proposes the leadership of the WG. The leader of a WG must be a member of the TWG.